What is an e-transfer
E-Transfer is a simple, convenient, and secure way to send and receive your money. All you need is access to online banking, and you can send money to anyone with an email address and bank account in Canada — without sharing any personal or financial information. It’s a great alternative to cheques and cash.
With Interac® e-Transfer you can:
- Send money to children at college
- Send gifts to friends or family
- Settle a bill with friends
- and so much more!
When you send an e-Transfer transaction through online banking, an e-Transfer notification is generated by Interac® through email and sent to the recipient.
The recipient can accept or decline the e-Transfer by clicking on the transaction link on the notification email. The recipient will need to sign in to their online banking service (at any financial institution) and answer a security question to complete the transaction and access the funds.
When you send money using e-Transfers, your money never actually travels by email. Email messages are only used to notify the recipient and to provide instructions on how to deposit the money. Your financial institution and your recipient’s financial institution transfer funds using established and secure banking procedures.
To send an e-Transfer, all you need is an email address and access to online banking.
Why use Interac® e-transfer?
- It’s a simple, secure way to send and receive money directly to and from your existing bank account.
- The money can be accessed immediately after your e-Transfer is accepted.
- To send an e-Transfer, all you need is the recipient’s email address.
- Never worry about sharing your personal or financial information with the people you send money to: your address and account information are kept private.
- A security question protects your money from being deposited by unintended recipients.
- No need to set up new accounts, user ID or passwords — you’re already in online banking. Easy!
- An email message carries the notification only, not your funds. Your financial institution uses existing payment networks to transfer the money to any financial institution in Canada.
Sending an Interac® e-Transfer
- Sign in to the Noventis online banking system
- Choose e-Transfers within the menu options.
- Select a recipient or create a new one.
- Fill in the e-Transfer information (dollar amount, account from which to withdraw the funds, a security question that only the recipient will know the answer to and optional personal message).
- Follow the instructions to confirm the information and complete the transfer.
How to Create your Recipient List:
- Login to online banking.
- Select the e-transfers heading from the top menu.
- Click on Add/Delete Recipients to open the recipient screen.
- Click Add Recipient from the options provided on the screen.
- Enter the recipient’s contact information and a security question and answer.
- Click Add Recipient and Confirm
Receiving an Interac® e-Transfer:
- e-Transfer recipients will receive an email notification that an e-Transfer has been sent.
- To accept and deposit the funds, click on the link provided from the notification email. You will be taken to the Interac® website and asked to select your financial institution.
- Login to online banking.
- Answer the e-Transfer security question.
- Accept or decline the e-Transfer.
- Deposit the funds into the account of your choice.
- Add an optional message to the sender and confirm the e-Transfer.
- An e-Transfer receipt will display.
Need help with interac e-transfer?
You can also call any of our branches during business hours
Dawson Creek Branch:
Tumbler Ridge Branch: