A great way to ensure the security of your online banking is to sign-up for Direct Banking Alerts. This entirely free service allows you to receive an email or text alert for the following events:
- New Bill Payee Added
- Personal Access Code
- Online Login
- Interac eTransfer
How to Set it Up
The setup process is
fast and easy. Just follow these easy steps:
- Login to your Member Direct online banking account
- On the left-hand side, click on Message and Alerts
- To choose how you’re contacted, click “Manage Alert Contacts and Mobile Nicknames”
- Click on “Add Email” and/or “Add Mobile Phone” and choose your preferred means of contact (you can add up to 3 contacts to setup)
- You will be prompted with an “Alerts Agreement” to complete the addition. Please read carefully and accept if you’d like to proceed
- Enter in an email address or a mobile phone number and follow the resulting prompts:
- NOTE: Mobile alerts will be sent from 1(999) 999-9999. If you block this number on your phone, you will have to disable it in order to receive the setup passcode and future mobile alerts.
- NOTE: All email alerts will be sent by firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure your email account filter doesn’t designate the emails to the “Junk Mail” folder
- Once contacts are setup, you can then click “Manage Alerts”
- No alerts is the default selection
- To select, under “Add a New Alert”, click the blue bar for each alert they’d like to add and click “Add”
- Select the method by which you’d like to receive alerts and click Submit
- You can update the alerts (delete or delivery method) by clicking each alert under “Your Active Alerts”
The caching of cookies can sometimes result in Internet Explorer displaying a blank page when selecting “Messages and Alerts” in MemberDirect. To fix this, please do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Click the gear icon in the top right corner
- Select Internet Options
- Under the General Tab, click Delete under Browsing history
- Tick off all options except for Passwords and click Delete
- Tick Delete browsing history on exit and then click Apply
computer for faster logins
You can speed up the
login process by opting to register your computer. When you log in from a
registered computer, you don’t have to answer a security question.
Registering your home
or personal computer is highly recommended for faster logins. You should not
register shared or public computers.
Cookies are used to
identify registered computers. If you clear your cookies, you will have to
re-register your computer.
Authentication provides an additional layer of security to the login process.
This feature requires you to select three security questions.